Thursday, December 20, 2012

We’ve swapped again

Well, I’ve done another swap.  Remember the Hallowe’en swap………….well my tiny little parcel finally arrived at its destination.
All the way to Maryland and it took 9 days!!!!!  They have a carrier pigeon just for my parcels I know they do.  Here is the mug rug I made
mug rug swap The next swap was for Christmas and we decided on pot holders.  It didn’t matter the design, just send your swapettte one.  I found a website with a whole lot of potholders.  I love the ideas for some of them and did copy one.
http://www.sewweird.com/Christmas/PotHolders.htm
and here is another site.  These would make great little gifts for people too.  They don’t have to be Christmas
http://bomquilts.com/Free-Quilted-Kitchen-Patterns.php
this one takes a couple of seconds to load so hang in there.
Susan in Australia sent this to Linda who is wintering in South Carolina.  Lucky Lady!
pot holder 2 Perfect for Christmas, don’t you think?
Linda sent this to me..IMG_4971
It was her first attempt at paper piecing.  She did a fantastic job on it.

This is what I sent out to Jessie over in Simcoe. 
pot holders 1 I love that long one.  I think I’m going to make one for me.  I hate anything hot.
There is still one more to arrive.  It has to travel all the way to Australia and don’t get me started on postal systems around the world.  They are just pathetic at any time of the year.
Another swap is coming.  This one in time for Valentine’s Day.  I’ll post when we get’er done!BALLOONSTODAY
IS OUR BOY’S BIRTHDAY
SOOOOOOOOOOOOO
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR PETER
HAPPY 45TH BIRTHDAY TO YOU.

Search This Blog