Tuesday, November 6, 2012

The Keepsake Quilting

catalogue came in the mail again.  For a long, long time I’ve admired one quilt in particular.  I said to Karl I would like it and then I read what it said…….55 x 65”.  Yikes, I thought it was a wallhanging.  I did some quick calculations and it was easy to reduce it to half. 

I ordered it and it has arrived and well…….it’s well on its way to completion (as of Monday morning).  IMG_4411

A gift for Karl for his birthday.  I don’t know who loves the birds at the feeder more, Karl or Misty. 

This is the packaging.  I was so impressed when it arrived.  Like a little gift.

IMG_4414     IMG_4415

I took the pattern sheet to my local blueprinting store and had them reduce it by 50%.  Perfect.  I chose the fabrics the day I ordered from Metropolitan Quilt Company.  Be prepared…..it’s in French although the company is located in the USA.  IMG_4416 The only thing I did differently was to make the Christmas ornaments an apple/cheery/berry.  Call it what you will.  I didn’t want this for only one month.  Its our winter wallhanging for the dining/living-room.

IMG_4517

I took away the ornament top and used a tiny piece of brown fabric for a stem and then added some markings with a pigma pen.  I’ll do some creative stitching on the apple to finish it up.

I’m writing this up on Monday and its to be given away today.  I hope its done, but I don’t think it will be unless I stay up all night. 


Happy Birthday Karl!

Wait til you see what we have in store for you tonight!  We'll be singing......"Wasn't that a party?......."


80th_birthday_banner_

I will post more photos when its all done.  I'm really happy with the way it turned out.  Lots and lots of quilting.

Search This Blog