from the sale bin at my local quilt shop and thought how perfect it would be for the backing of the Christmas quilt. Darn, it wasn’t wide enough.
What to do, what to do, what to do. I slept on it as no idea was coming forward. Drives me nuts when I don’t come up with something instantly. And then…….the light came on!!!! Yeah!
I had some charm squares left over and some border fabrics so I started thinking and came up with square in a square. I used the charm squares in the centre and cut the black inner border into 5” squares and then cut on the diagonal. You need 2 squares each cut diagonally for each block. I sew the two opposite sides, press them open and then the other two opposite sides. It takes awhile, but well worth it in the end and I got to use up the fabric. When I was done, I had one charm square left. That was all.
It turned out well and it looks really good on the back of the new sofa.
Yes it is here. It arrived last week along with the two chairs. Its taking a bit of getting used to. There is no soft comfy spots made yet.
It is nice to snooze on though as I found out last night.
Now if this column is a bit off today, I was rather knackered when I wrote it. I thought it had been written up and it was in sequence, only to discover it wasn’t. After a full day at the World of Threads all I wanted to do was nap, but first things first.
I’m off now. Goodnight. See you when I’m a bit more awake.