Monday, October 29, 2012

I guess you know by now

that I love books.  I do judge a book by its cover.  That’s what either draws me to it, or says “run”!
I have in my possession two new quilting books.  The first one is called Easy Quilts for Beginners and Beyond.  The patterns inside are all from Quiltmaker magazine, one I subscribed to for years and years.  I still have all of them.  I like them because there are quilting ideas with each quilt and so does this book.  easy
I’m going to post a link so you can look through the book.  I was going to post photos of the different quilts, but I couldn’t decide which ones to feature.  So here you go.
http://www.shopmartingale.com/easy-quilts-for-beginners-and-beyond.html
Click on "see more images".  I love number 5.
The other book I purchased is for free motion quilting.  Easy and Fun Free-Motion Quilting by Eva Larkin.  I’ve had a chance to look through the book but I haven’t done anything yet. 
fun Free motion quilting puts me in charge of the design.  It will either turn out or it will look “not so good”.  The book gives me loads of ideas on how to just do a block or a border.  It is from the same company as the above book…http://www.shopmartingale.com/easy-and-fun-free-motion-quilting.html
and you can see more images for this one too.
I’m off to look through some books.  I’m in a new swap.
Tell you all about it soon……..maybe tomorrow, maybe not.

Search This Blog