Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Way back on August 9th

and 10th we finally got some very much needed rain
IMG_3691 It started on the Thursday afternoon and it stopped and we thought it was finished.  After supper it started again and it never let up until Friday morning.  IMG_3698Everything outside the next day looked refreshed and revived.  It was a welcome sight by all.  We use town water to keep the veggies and flowers going, but it just isn’t the same as Mother Nature providing her droplets from the sky.  Storm cloud
While the rain came down I worked away on my little boys quilt.  I finally have the top all sewn together  IMG_3702
and the binding is in that bag.  I was going to make this reversible but have reconsidered that.  I have a lot of flannel in the cupboard so I’ll put that on the back, do some machine quilting on it and then put it in the pile for a little kiddie here in Oakville. 
I like the concept of this quilt, but won’t do another using a jelly roll.  I wasted fabric and boy I hate doing that.  I’m going to put the leftovers away and see what I can come up with to use them up. 
You know this would make a great quilt with left over bits of binding.  Do you save yours?  I do.  The bag hasn't got much in it, but I've started.  If I had started years ago when I started to quilt, I would have had a king size quilt by now.

Go back and read that line about making this reversible and then about the flannel backing.  Wait til tomorrow.  Its about that saying women changing their minds.  That's all I'm saying.

At the top of the page, I posted a new picture.  I took that photo in the backyard on Sunday and then I played with it.  There is a website http://dumpr.net that allows you to upload a photo and then make it into a sketch, a museum piece, a jigsaw puzzle.  I decided to fool around with this photo and for this week at least my photo of my monarch will hang in a "museum".   Its a lot of fun and I'm hoping to do more -- soon.

Search This Blog