Saturday, March 3, 2012

Today is the day

and we are celebrating!!! 


Yes, we are. 

What are the chances that you will have a really good friend and a grand celebrating on the same day.  It has never happened to me before but that has all changed and believe it or not I didn't clue or remember (I hate to admit that).

My good buddy down in Texas is celebrating her ** birthday today.  She is a titch older and a whole lot wiser than Cody so she gets to go first.

Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday dear Mary Ann
Happy Birthday to you

Love ya girl.  Thank you for everything -- your thoughtfulness, your kindness and your support.  And look its pink!!!

Now for the boy.  Cody is turning -- oh, groan -- 17 today.  This is our daughter and son-in-law's first born.  As I write this I have no idea of the party plans -- they are infamous for last minute -- but I do know the card is made, the present bought which wasn't hard as its a gift card. 



Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday dear Cody
Happy Birthday to you


Love you
Grandma and Grandpa



Now I want you all to think back to yesterday and that beautiful quilt.  Its going to its forever home today.  Our daughter comes in and reads the blog every once in awhile, possibly more the last few days.  I opened up my emails at one point today because I had sent her a photo of the amarylis she gave her Dad for Christmas. I wanted to see what she thought of it.  The photo didn't go throught that time but this came back.

"& that quilt goes to MY house"

I giggled.  I told her it has to be rolled, not folded because of the fusible web (especially) and would she have a place to put it.

"I'll find one."

came back the reply.  We are taking it over today and my LAQ is giving me a tube from her batting so we can roll it next week-end.  Its gone to a good home. Now to get working on the next one. 

Search This Blog