Thursday, March 8, 2012

Behind the scenes

There are a lot of the girls that don't ever get behind the scenes of a blog, so today I've decided to take you on the journey.  When I finally get an idea of what the column will be about, I sign in and with a few clicks I'm here.

This is where the storyline gets started, sort of like putting pen to paper.  When I suggest a link.........like Sewing Machines, etc., I open up another tab, find the URL, highlight, hit copy and then open the link, its circled on the diagram and then enter the link where you see it here.

                                                                                 
You get to click on the writing and it takes you there without any muss or fuss.

When its time to put up the photos, its pretty much the same process.  Open up the box, find the photo on the computer or some other place, click it and then it appears.  Like magic.

I can add videos, make the font big or small.  I can go in and change the font too, but I'm happy with this one at the moment, so I think I'll leave it for awhile.

I can make it bold, underlined, italicized. I have spell check but not typing check which I need more than anything.  I can spell, its the fingers.  They seem to be stiffening up lately.  They need some exercise.
I have added pages, something new and it certainly makes it easy for me every month now we have a block of the month on here.  I do intend some day to compile all the tips into a PDF so you can save them, but I think I need about a week to do that with nothing else on the burner.

This is the layout page for the blog.  This is where I can move things around like the text, the photos that appear on the sidebars.  I can put things up, take them down.  I could go alphabetical, I choose not to. 



I didn't like the labels section, so I took it down for a few days.  I deleted some that weren't too important anymore and made it "cloud" instead of list.  It will take up less room. 

That's how it all begins.  Some days it comes easily, the photography can be a bit of a pain, especially if all those photos you took while doing something are a little fuzzy and you have to start over.

Tomorrow is all ready to go. The columns are usually done about a week in advance, so each morning I can come on, hit a button or two after proof reading it one more time and then I can leave it alone until the next morning when I start all over again.  Its fun.  I like it.  Keeps me off the streets.

I do not know who stole the title of my blog.  It has disappeared.  I can't get it to come back so its someone that can dig deeper into the blog than I can.  Somedays they are fiddling and fooling fixing things and stuff goes missing.  I hope it comes back soon.

Search This Blog