Monday, February 20, 2012

Today is really a holiday

here in Ontario and other parts of Canada.  The government took pity on us working from Christmas to Easter with no break, so they decided to give us family day.  Third Monday of the month for families to get together and do things.  Its one of those holidays that some get, some don't.  Most Town employees get the day off, but if you work in a facility that is family orientated, you'll be working.

Remember the old adage........If you can't say something nice about someone, don't say anything at all..........................its out the window today.

Last Thursday night was guild and off I trooped.  I had heard a lot about the speaker coming in so I wanted to hear for myself what all the talk was about.  What an evening it was!!!!!

The name ~~ Dwayne Wanner.  The craft ~~ quilting.  The man ~~ ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, he is a piece of work.  He is arrogant, he is condescending, he has little use for woman and he thinks he knows it all.  That wraps in up in a nutshell.

He started his talk over by saying "I heard this was a sophisticated guild and then I saw *^*%&( and ))*^%#$."  I was stunned! I know the two girls whose names he spoke.  They are two of the nicest people.  He of course thought it was funny.  Oh it got worse.  He didn't speak very nicely of his grandmothers either.  It went downhill from there.  I wouldn't waste my time walking across the street to see this character again and from what I've heard a whole lot of other women won't either.  I am not above men, I am not below men, I am equal to them.  This man hasn't learned that yet, but he will. When you hear the name, don't go out of your way.  He isn't worth it.  Oh, and just to cap off the name calling.................his sister-in-law who opens her doors to him for his holiday.............she is what's her name.

On another note, I went to the Guild UFO day on Saturday.  Not many there, but we had a good time.  I worked away on a project for the member's boutique.  I made some burp pads too. Here you go......
these are some of the things that people were working on.........................














Now I have a little  tidbit of information for you.  Last Friday I was at the Quilters Garden Patch to pick up mystery clue #5.  Karen was telling us about a workshop being held on the 17th of March.  Make a quilt top in 1 1/2 hours using jelly rolls and speed piecing.  Have you heard about it?  It is fantastic and I'm going to learn how to do it.  I've booked myself in for the 2:00 class and at 4:00 I'm going home with a quilt top.  If you want in on the fun, give the store a call.  There were spots left on Friday.  Yes, I know its on Youtube, but it is so much more fun learning something new with friends.




Search This Blog