Wednesday, January 11, 2012

YEEEEEEEESSSSSSS!

I spent an hour in the sewing room and can honestly tell you that I love triangulations!!!  They are so easy to use and the results are fantastic.

I loaded the CD into the computer and printed off pages 6 and 7 so I always have the directions on how to use.  Then I found the size I need for the mystery quilt clue I bought them for.  I printed off 3 copies as that is what the pattern calls for.  I also ran one more to show you how easy this is to use.

Cut two pieces of fabric slightly larger than the page you will be using.


















Lay the paper on top and pin in a few places.



Set your stitch length shorter.  I used a 1.5


















Stitch on all the dashed lines....................

















Trim away all excess fabric...........

 Then cut on all the solid lines.  Remove the points on those solid lines........




I left the paper in for stability and opened the half square triangle.


I butted the two seams and joined the triangles together.  Ta-da!  It was fast, it was easy and I will definitely be using this method from now on. 

Once the triangles were joined together I did remove the paper, but in future I don't think I will remove the paper until I am finished.  I won't have any bias edges to deal with if I leave the paper on.


The maker of the CD does not recommend pressing your triangles with the paper still in as the ink could run.
With the paper in you can finger press the seams or a bone folder, even a glass laid on its side and used like a rolling pin. 

Karl made me a roller (similar to this) a few years ago for my paper piecing and if you have one of them, you could use it, too.


Search This Blog