Wednesday, December 14, 2011

We are done!

Well, we did it!!  All four of us stuck with it and we all completed Little Miss Birdie.  You don't very often see everyone in a group finish a BOM, but this group sure did.  Here they are in no particular order, starting with what the block should have looked like. 



Now, I had a senior's moment and couldn't for the life of me figure out what that was suppose to be on the top of the bird's head.  I thought perhaps a tree but that didn't make sense.  I didn't like it.  I thought it looked rather weird, so guess what I did.  You're right.............I re-designed.


This month it is two juncos visiting the tree.  I know from a distance you won't be able to see the string of lights or the stars, but I like it, so it's going to be like this.


Lynda added her personal touch to her block too.  Both her birds are wearing hats which in my book makes them equal.

Gloria was a good girl and followed the pattern.  Gloria also has all her quilt top together.  I hope she posts a photo soon on the forum so we can see it.

This is Irene's.  Now I don't know, cause I didn't ask Irene, but I think that's a beret on birdie.  Very, very fashionable, Irene. 


I'm going to sew mine together after the holidays or perhaps during the holidays.  We'll see how busy I get with this, that and birthday parties.  We have two to celebrate Christmas week.  Yes, not only our son, but our daughter-in-law. 


My Dad and I in Ville St. Laurent, Quebec in 1948
It was Ville St. Laurent when I was a child, now it is St. Laurent.


Search This Blog