Wednesday, December 7, 2011

They came!

The girls came for the week-end and we were busy, busy, busy.  We started Saturday with a delicious breakfast cooked by Grandpa

We had waffles topped with strawberries and whipped cream.  This gang of grands love to fill in the holes with whatever is being served, be it sugar, syrup or whipped cream!




After breakfast and the dishes, we headed for the basement and spent most of the day making this.  Everything was going well until we (I ask you to use that term loosely) had to sew up the side seams.  Those juice pouches are not very moveable.  I found muscles I didn't know I had.  Taylor is happy with it.  I hope it lasts longer than a day of travel back and forth to school. 

We finished the bag just before supper and as we had decided to have sliders (tiny hamburgers) and french fries, Grandpa was once again on duty to cook.  The girls' job was to set the table and do the washing up after.  Hmmmmmmmmmm, I recall I did the washing up and no girls appeared!  Morgan got up from the table for something and when she came back, someone had taken her chair..................... 


While we were eating Taylor asked about making bread.  I said sure, but it was up to them to get it in the breadmaker.  The girls were more than happy to do it. For first timers they did a beautiful job of making it.  It was the perfect loaf.




After supper we lounged around for awhile, Morgan read her book and Taylor picked up her knitting...........that's her trying to get out of the photo.  Hehehehehehehe, didn't work.  I got her.




I decided to get some Christmas cards made and Taylor made suggestions for some of them.  She asked if it was expensive to do.  I had to admit that starting up was just a bit costly, but its worth it. 



It was a good week-end.  One I hope to repeat soon ~~ maybe during the holiday break.  We'll see how busy things get.


Search This Blog