Thursday, December 1, 2011

Taylor's quilt

Last Christmas we gave Taylor a quilt that shall we say was just a tad small.  This summer while we were in Prince Edward Island we went over to one of my favourite fabric stores and we bought this.

I had asked her (as she tends to be a bit fussy) what colours she wanted in a quilt.  She told me green, like an emerald green, well no not really but ........ and then I showed her the green from our bank logo and she said yes that's the colour.  I asked for a second colour and she told me blue.  Any shade of blue.  I selected the yellow cause in the store it looked good with the others for the "steps" in the design.








Last week I started on the quilt.  I had cut the pieces month's ago and put them in my "to do" box.  The first attempt I didn't like.  It wasn't working. The yellow was taking over.


So I decided to put that aside and try this......

Shoot, I didn't like that either.

I had to go out for awhile in the afternoon and while driving home I came up with this.  I came home, took some blocks apart and put two rows up on the board.  This I liked. 

The top is done, ready for quilting.  Its' getting simple quilting, nothing fancy.  Her brother's replacement quilt has been delivered, so this has to be fast.  It is also a case of fussiness and what she would like.

Of course I now have yards of yellow left over.












and a few blues and greens, but they'll get made up.  I have plans for them..................
something much smaller and quick and being given away, unless Taylor comes up with a better suggestion.
The moral of the story is measure the grands before you make a quilt.  You only have to make one that way, not one every year.


Search This Blog