King Tut Thread, Superior Threads

Until the next quilt

Bella Sophia

Thursday, December 8, 2011

My turn to share

Last week the photo for the week was Karl sharing his apricot raisin bread with his girl.  I had a few requests for the recipe so I thought I would share with y'all!!!

We have this beautiful bakery in our town Cobs bread.  I could work there.  The aroma is wonderful.  I buy the bread there when I'm in the vicinity and when I can get parking.  Oh, ya, and when I have $6.15 in my pocket.  You can get a loaf, a log or buns.  I buy the log.  Karl can eat it too so that is an added bonus.


This is my version adapted from a Russian Kulich recipe I have in my Black and Decker breadmaker cook book.  This is for the 2 lb. machine.

CANADIAN VERSION
1 cup water
2 beaten eggs
2 tbsp. powdered milk
2 tbsp. butter
2 tbsp. sugar
1 1/2 tsp. salt
3 1/2 cups flour
1 1/4 tsp. yeast

AMERICAN VERSION
1 cup water
2 beaten eggs
2 tbsp. powdered milk
2 tbsp. butter
2 tbsp. sugar
 1 1/2 tsp. salt
3 2/3 cups white flour
1 1/4 tsp. yeast

Measure the first 8 ingredients in the order listed into baking pan.  Place baking pan into oven chamber, twist to secure and close lid.  Select the dough/pasta setting.
Press start.  When the add ingredients signal beeps
add:
1/3 cup dried apricots, chopped
1/4 cup golden raisins
Turn out onto floored surface and knead if necessary. Shape into one large loaf or two small loaves. Place on greased sheets and let rise in a warm place for one hour.


Bake at 350* for about 20-25 minutes.

Let cool on a wire rack before slicing.



A printable version of the recipe can be found here...............

https://docs.google.com/document/d/18vbUu1tN0lM-1a1MZi5p_WftTdQdcX0zf_GaB_twtGs/edit



by Maya Angelou

"Sometimes a small thing you do can mean everything in another person's life. When you learn, teach. When you get, give."

Search This Blog

Print Friendly

Print Friendly and PDF