Thursday, December 8, 2011

My turn to share

Last week the photo for the week was Karl sharing his apricot raisin bread with his girl.  I had a few requests for the recipe so I thought I would share with y'all!!!

We have this beautiful bakery in our town Cobs bread.  I could work there.  The aroma is wonderful.  I buy the bread there when I'm in the vicinity and when I can get parking.  Oh, ya, and when I have $6.15 in my pocket.  You can get a loaf, a log or buns.  I buy the log.  Karl can eat it too so that is an added bonus.


This is my version adapted from a Russian Kulich recipe I have in my Black and Decker breadmaker cook book.  This is for the 2 lb. machine.

CANADIAN VERSION
1 cup water
2 beaten eggs
2 tbsp. powdered milk
2 tbsp. butter
2 tbsp. sugar
1 1/2 tsp. salt
3 1/2 cups flour
1 1/4 tsp. yeast

AMERICAN VERSION
1 cup water
2 beaten eggs
2 tbsp. powdered milk
2 tbsp. butter
2 tbsp. sugar
 1 1/2 tsp. salt
3 2/3 cups white flour
1 1/4 tsp. yeast

Measure the first 8 ingredients in the order listed into baking pan.  Place baking pan into oven chamber, twist to secure and close lid.  Select the dough/pasta setting.
Press start.  When the add ingredients signal beeps
add:
1/3 cup dried apricots, chopped
1/4 cup golden raisins
Turn out onto floored surface and knead if necessary. Shape into one large loaf or two small loaves. Place on greased sheets and let rise in a warm place for one hour.


Bake at 350* for about 20-25 minutes.

Let cool on a wire rack before slicing.



A printable version of the recipe can be found here...............

https://docs.google.com/document/d/18vbUu1tN0lM-1a1MZi5p_WftTdQdcX0zf_GaB_twtGs/edit



Search This Blog