Thursday, November 3, 2011

We are living in an abbreviated world.......

I was watching Steven and Chris the other afternoon while downstairs sewing.  Most days I really enjoy their show.  They had a guest on who asked the audience what "IMO" stood for after they had been the "LOL" and "OMG" route.  It got me to thinking.  I know I have a lot of readers who wouldn't know.  I didn't know the first time I read abbreviations.  My friend Betty had postedon a quilting forum her SIL and DIL were coming for dinner.  That had me baffled so I asked. 

Here we go...............for those that don't know............I'm going to have photos too, so you can meet the rest of the family.
This is DS
otherwise known as Dear Son  or Peter.  Do not call him Pete......his mother gets a little angst when she hears that.





This is DD.  I call her Kristina, her Dad calls her Kris and so does the rest of the world.  She also answers to "Mom" and hey you.

This is our DSIL, Paul who absolutely loves our daughter
and for that we are eternally grateful.  Best thing that ever
happened in his life, he says. 


This is our DDIL, Heather, who lives in a family of men.  She takes their constant teasing they hand out in her stride.  Some days she must want to biff them.
These are two of our DGS, Brandon and Kyle.  These are Peter and Heather's boys.  They had just arrived from work when this photo was taken.  The other DGS had to work so no photo of him this time.

Finally this is my DH, Karl and one of our DGD, Morgan, our youngest member of the family.
                                                                                               











And this is the other DGD, Taylor, who is our sports enthusiast.
         

You have now met our DS, (dear son) our DD (dear daughter), our DSIL (dear son in law) and DDIL (our dear daughter in law.  You had already met my DH, (dear husband) and now you have an idea of our DGS (dear gandson[s]) and our DGD (dear granddaughter[s])  We have LOL (lots of laughs) when we get together with a lot of OMG (oh, my goodnesses) and IDK (I don't know) and IMHO (in my humble opinion).  We have also been know to add  JM2C (just my 2 cents) FWIW (for what it's worth).  When they all head for home we TTFN (ta-ta for now) and SWAK (seal with a kiss) TTNT (til the next time.)


Search This Blog