Tuesday, November 8, 2011

November BOM

F.Y.I
Something new on the blog today.
Over on the right hand side of the page, third down, is a new section called
PAGES
You can click on here to just look at photos of past works done on the blog.
It can be block of the month or whatever I've done through the year.
I hope to add another page in the new year of other people's work.
Enjoy!
If you go over and can't figure out how to get back just click on HOME and you will be back here..........well, instantly!

I had the greatest idea for November's block of the month.   I traced it onto fusible web, then pressed it to the fabric, I cut it out and this was all done way back when we were on holiday in September.  Then I changed my mind!!  I didn't like one little animal on it, just couldn't convince myself it was okay, so I ditched the whole idea.  (It's not going to waste.  I made other plans for it.)

Of course, then I had to come up with something new.  Blank...........complete blank.  Nothing, nada, zilch, rien!!!  I considered using my original idea but then it hit me!

The weather forecaster was on and he was talking about the weather.  DUH!  of course he was.  "The overnight temperatures are going to drop and there will be frost in the outlying areas of the province."  Frost?  Oh, that means cold steering wheels on cars and frosty fingertips while working outside.  It also means mitts and gloves. 

Mitts???????


Well, now I am thinking that is so doable!!!!  Out came the fabric, the fabric went back in the boxes and out came the flannels.  We want warmth on our fingers and hands up here.  I traced the mitts and the cuffs, fused them to fabric and then discovered one piece I had used had a little spot that was dirty.  I thought that was perfect.  My mitts never came in clean after snowforts, snowballs, snowangels, snowmen.  I made 3 panels and they will hang on the bathroom rod for the month.

 These two backing fabrics were left-overs from another project I did a few years back.  They fit in rather nicely with the theme for this month.

The two side panels are new mitts and the one in the middle are the old ones.  The blue has a dirty spot on it and of course one mitt from each pair is missing.  I don't know where those odd mitts ever ended up.  They didn't reappear when the snow melted.


I did some very fast machine quilting on these.  Enough to hold them together and that was it.  However, I do have a tip for you but guess what?  You have to come back tomorrow..................



Search This Blog