Monday, October 17, 2011

F Y I
The mauve chrysanthemum at the top of the page this week belongs to our daughter.
It is actually two plants that cost her $1.00 each last year.  She put them in the
garden side by side and nurtured them along this summer.


Not too bright but I made up for it!

When I was on Facebook the other day, I glanced over to the right hand side of the page because something caught my eye.  I clicked on it and it was this cute little quilt and the pattern was free.  I had to sign up for it, but that was free too, so it was okay.  I went back the next day and couldn't find it!  I don't know where I signed up either so I was in a pickle. I remembered one colourful block up in the top left hand corner and some white blocks too.  I gave up searching and hit EQ.

It is a disappearing nine patch.  This is my first idea for it.  Cut your blocks into charm square size -- 5" -- then make a nine patch.  I had the orange fabric from a previous project so I hit the store and bought fat quarters of the other three.  The white was on hand too.

Then I cut the nine patch......


and then I got to play!  I moved this one here and that one there and then decided I liked this the best of all.



After an afternoon of sewing, I had one row done.


Friday is easy day at our house.  Groceries in the morning and then we each do what we want to do.  I sew of course and last Friday while the rain poured down outside it was the wisest decision.  I finished the top.  This is a baby quilt and it measures about 36 x 36.  I must say I love it.
This is the whole quilt.................
the binding is cut.  It will be scrappy and I'll keep it in a Ziploc bag until I need it.  On the bottom........that's the flannelette for the backing.  I have an idea of how I want to quilt it.  I know for sure I'm using lime green thread. 

For the next couple of days,  I'm going to show options for this nine patch.  I fiddled and fooled some more on EQ one night.  I'm so bored with television and this definitely has a lot more meaning for me.


A heads up for something new

If you love embroidery and want to get a head start on a little something for a special someone here is a link to a great little website from Australia.

http://www.red-brolly.com/red-brolly/2011/10/the-first-christmas-sampler.html
Scroll down until you see the link to the PDF

I have printed mine off, but I think I'm going to make it larger.  This is tiny embroidery for me.  I like big stuff!  Really big stuff.

There are two more coming and if I remember, I'll let you know.  Now you know with that, you are on your own don't you.  My memory is not that great.  I have so much information stirring about in there, that another little bit is going to go the back and never be heard from again.

Gotta run for today........................... 






Search This Blog