Fall has arrived

Fall has arrived
my favourite time of the year

Until the next quilt

Bella Sophia

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Clover pen

I've had this pen for quite awhile, but haven't really used it.  I tried it when I bought it and I wasn't very happy with it.  I should have given it another go but patience isn't always my virture.


I wanted to mark the border on the wall hanging I'm contributing to our quilt show tombola draw.  Its the green the pen is lying on.  I didn't want anything to remain as this should be a great fund raiser for the show and something that doesn't look nice just won't cut it.

I did the markings and found out I had goofed.


BIG time! 

I tried the Frixion pen I had and it worked too but I would need lots of lighting to see it while sewing.  (I culd see it, but did need the extra lighting).  I had to get the markings out and didn't have the packaging.  Of course not, who saves that? 

This is what Clover says on their website.

 White Marking Pen Fine:  White marker for easy to see markings on dark colored fabrics. The pen makes a great fine line on fabrics. Markings disappear upon ironing or spraying with water. As the ink dries on the fabric, white markings will become more visible.

I went to the ironing board and pressed with a dry iron first as I didn't know how the Frixion pen would react to water.  Then I spritzed the lines.  I pressed.  They were still visible.

So I did it again but this time with spritzing and steam.


They are still a bit visible when you zoom in with a camera or stand on your head and look at it.  I'll give it another spritz as I probably pressed too hard when marking.  It takes time for the line to appear when you are marking and as I told you up top, patience is not one of my virtues.

I'm keeping this pen in my box.  I will use it again.  I'm quite happy with it.

Tomorrow................Ann with an "e"


by Maya Angelou

"Sometimes a small thing you do can mean everything in another person's life. When you learn, teach. When you get, give."

Search This Blog

Print Friendly

Print Friendly and PDF