Sunday, June 26, 2011

We're here!

Last Thursday after the rush hour traffic, we headed out.  Down the 401



to Quebec. We jumped on the south shore and we shouldn't have.  Not only was there rush hour afternoon traffic, but rain, rain, rain and just to add to all that construction!!!!  Two seasons in this country -- winter and construction.  We made ito St. Helene in time to gas up and hit Tim Horton's for supper.  We stopped in Quebec City and on Friday we started up again.  We love the south shore and as Quebecers were on holiday the traffic was light.  Fabulous.





After that New Brunswick.  The north end of the province is really scenic with hills and valleys and an occasional peek at the St. John River.  We have travelled this highway twice before.  Its new and we can scoot right along.

Of course we had to make one stop not only for more gas, but for.........................




this is potato country and these chips are the best.  We found them by accident a few years ago and we stop both going and coming from PEI now.

As we travelled up to the bridge I spotted this beautiful field of lupins.  They grow wild everywhere in the Maritimes.  I promise I'll get Karl to stop so I can get a better picture. 



Marlene had a spot for us so instead of waiting til Sunday we drove over and here we are. 




This isn't the campground.  Just a beautiful farm we passed on the road to here.
Now to organize all the sightseeing and shopping expeditions.  My friend Robin scouted out a few places for me, so I'll just have to drop in.  I'll let you know where we've been and what we've done in the next couple of days.  I know one place for sure...................Hunter River bakery.  Yummy, yummy cookies.

Now before I go for today, I'm going to leave you with this.  Its a feature from our local paper.....
http://www.insidehalton.com/community/life/article/1033585--young-and-young-at-heart-send-a-hug-to-slave-lake

Search This Blog