Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Time to reveal.......................

Newsflash!!!
I am absolutely thrilled to announce that our son Peter is heading for the Provincial Truck Championships in July for the B-Train Division.  He came second in the company division.  Way to go, Peter!!!!  We are so proud of you.
Now for those of you who don't know Peter is a driver for Tim Horton's.  This is what he drives, summer, winter, spring and fall and he loves every minute of it!



This posting was written before Charleen and I went up to Ailsa Craig.  There is more to follow on fabric buying another day!

 I've been to two quilt shows lately.  I purchased at both of them....................cause I know those merchants have spent very good money to take part  and I like to help out with our economy. 
I bought 30's prints at both shows.  I have a plan.......................

I am going to collect 30's prints from shows and make a quilt.  Then I'm going to call it My Merchant's Mall quilt.  I'll show the pattern tomorrow and more information will come then too.
This is what I have so far.  Purchased only at quilt shows...............two of them..............one more to go.
They were purchased at three different booths on two separate days.  I did well, I didn't repeat any.  I bought them at The Patchwork Porch from Niagara Falls, Cozy Quilts in Port Hope (who by the way loved my purse) and from The Quilt Junction from Waterford. 

In last week's mail, I received the latest from Mr. B's Preview Pack..........this line is beautiful.  I love it and have to make a design that will totally showcase these fabrics.  There are some designs on the back of the brochure so I'll have to see what I can do with them.  I won't have enough to make a big thing, but something small and delicate will be fantastic.



Well, those are my latest acquisitions.  I'll be getting more..................leaving the 19th of June for the east coast and I must bring home some souveniers from the Island, musn't I?

If you live in Canada or the United States, today is Tim Horton's Camp Day.  Buy a coffee, the stores donate all their monies and you support the Tim Horton's Camps both in Canada and the U.S.A.  A chance for a kid that otherwise wouldn't have one.  Karl and I are going for lunch.  2 whole wheat toasted BLT's and 2 coffees.  Our change goes in the pot! 


Search This Blog