Thursday, May 26, 2011

Well, its done.

Quite awhile ago I won fabric from Clothworks, all because I told them how much I liked a certain line of fabric.  That's all.  Now I wasn't able to get the one I selected, so they had me select another.  You could win too.  Just go over to the blog....................
http://www.clothworkstextiles.com/blog/?p=2799&cpage=1#comment-2473
and tell them which you like.  I always say why. 

I finally have the quilt done.  Its going to Slave Lake, Alberta.  Did you know that 400 homes were lost in the wildfire that swept through part of the Town?  Did you know that people only got out with the clothes they had on their backs?  I can't imagine my Town being devastated.  I can't imagine having nothing.  I can't imagine starting over.

Here's the quilt.  Thanks to Clothworks for the fabric.  It is a pattern I saw on Missouri Star Quilt Company..............................disappearing nine patch its called.  Such a simple one to make up.

Front.........................





and the back is pink flannelette.  I did the binding at Guild the other night.  I'll hand it over at the June meeting along with at least two others.  If time permits, I'll do one more.

Its raining today after an awful thunderstorm last night, so I'm in the sewing room today.  It is dark, and cold looking out and I've had enough of it.  I'm not looking out the window today.  I'm putting my nose to the grindstone.



Search This Blog