Thursday, December 2, 2010

A trip to the FAQS

Yesterday we headed up to the quilt shop in Georgetown.  I was going for a book (which I found out when I got there was still on back order) but I did have other plans too.

Charleen and I have had a pattern tucked away in our pattern boxes for a long time.  I liked it the moment I saw it and I've been saving fabrics to make it up.  This is it...........................

The blues have been tucked away into the envelope so they wouldn't be used for other projects.......















This trip I decided to start adding to them.  I bought a bunch of fat quarters of whites...................


and then some tans...................


I saw a red that would work for the covered bridge and a brown for the barn and more blue.......


I'm getting anxious to start it now but we are waiting for January.  I know I will need some fusible web when we really get rolling.  This is just one of those scenes that you can relate to.   It won't be large when its done.  Only 39 1/2" x 29 1/2".  It will fit easily on any wall in my house  I'll be working on it for awhile.  There is a ton of tracing to do and some finicky things too..............like the curtains in the windows and the candles on the sills.  It will be beautiful when its done though.

For more of these patterns you can check out her website here.  There really are some beautiful patterns.







Search This Blog