Friday, December 10, 2010

One pillow done

While Karl was baking on Wednesday.................yes he was..............see

and this is what he made ~~ Klejner.  These are so good.  Two batches should keep us going for a day or two.  (For some reason the straight line down the middle of #4 diagram doesn't show up.  It should be there.)

While he worked away on them, I went downstairs and finished up the pillow cover I made for Peter and Heather.  I want to do two, we'll see how it goes.  I did the top and then machine quilted it.  When it was time to put on the back, I put the zipper in.  Yes, I zipper, I don't do the envelope fold.  I don't care for it.  Doesn't matter what I do, it pops open so I went back to the way I used to do things.

When it came time to sew the back to the front, I took a coaster and marked around the edge of it on each corner.
















then I stitched around the edge with my walking foot.  The edge of the foot follows the line around the corner.
When I've finished the sewing all the way around -- oh, don't forget to open the zipper a bit so you can get into the case and turn it right side out -- I then zig-zag around the perimeter. 


Here is the finished pillow.  No dog ears on the corners.  That's why I round them off.


Search This Blog