Just Ducky

Just Ducky
by Cheri Leffler

Until the next quilt

Bella Sophia

Friday, December 10, 2010

One pillow done

While Karl was baking on Wednesday.................yes he was..............see

and this is what he made ~~ Klejner.  These are so good.  Two batches should keep us going for a day or two.  (For some reason the straight line down the middle of #4 diagram doesn't show up.  It should be there.)

While he worked away on them, I went downstairs and finished up the pillow cover I made for Peter and Heather.  I want to do two, we'll see how it goes.  I did the top and then machine quilted it.  When it was time to put on the back, I put the zipper in.  Yes, I zipper, I don't do the envelope fold.  I don't care for it.  Doesn't matter what I do, it pops open so I went back to the way I used to do things.

When it came time to sew the back to the front, I took a coaster and marked around the edge of it on each corner.
















then I stitched around the edge with my walking foot.  The edge of the foot follows the line around the corner.
When I've finished the sewing all the way around -- oh, don't forget to open the zipper a bit so you can get into the case and turn it right side out -- I then zig-zag around the perimeter. 


Here is the finished pillow.  No dog ears on the corners.  That's why I round them off.


by Maya Angelou

"Sometimes a small thing you do can mean everything in another person's life. When you learn, teach. When you get, give."

Search This Blog

Print Friendly

Print Friendly and PDF