Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Pre-cutting "my" kits

I sometimes find it easier if I take the time and cut kits.  I had the apron fabric, the casserole fabric and the top for Taylor's quilt.

On Sunday I took the time to cut the fabrics and put them in individual boxes.


Each project went into a different box.  I pre-cut the entire "kit".  I put the left-over fabric in just in case I made a mistake and then I don't have to go looking for it.

If I had the thread that went in too.  The pattern is there.  I taped the pattern to the lid so I can see which project it is.  For the casserole cover, I cut the insul-bright and put that in.

The apron (which was a kit I bought) pattern told us to take the fabrics as if they were scraps from the stash.  However, they had cut the fabrics themselves and from that we were to make the apron.  I took one fabric out and replaced it so I went into EQ and set up how I want mine to look.  These are not the fabrics, but you can see what I mean.  The apron goes on point when its sewn together.
I will post a picture tomorrow of the finished product.  If I have time I'll even do a pdf of the pattern for you.
 This is Taylor's.  I have everything cut except the lengths of the borders.  I can't do them until I've measured.  This is definitely ready to do.  I even an idea of the quilting design I'm using.
These are the fabrics for the casserole cover.  They are from Northcott's Bliss line.  I'm going to put the colourful one on the outside and the solid on the inside.  I've made a "ownership" tag to sew into the seam so that if it gets left behind somewhere, it can be returned.

photo from Northcott

photo from Northcott



Now when I get the urge, I can do a project.  When these are completed I'll place a new project in the box.  I always have something to do.  I have all those thimbles we swapped awhile ago that are still sitting in the envelope they came in. 

Search This Blog