King Tut Thread, Superior Threads

Until the next quilt

Bella Sophia

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Look what we did!

It was stitchin' day at my house yesterday.  Charleen couldn't make it because she has a virus and is feeling just a bit lousy.  Barb came and did we work.

I had my Secret Santa gift to make and Barb wanted to make one too.  Its done! 
We have them done!

Take a look at these.  Same pattern, different fabrics. 

This is mine.  We also made a potholder.

This is Barb's.  I love this fabric.

I decided to put a "label" in mine.  You can see what I put on and then I put the recipient's name, address and telephone number.  (Yes, its  hidden cause some of the girls on the forum read this and I don't want them to know who I'm sending it too.)  If it is accidently left behind, whoever finds it can return it.

I had a lot of fabric left over so I made another potholder.  These potholders are based on the criss-cross coasters that I found on the web last year.
I had the patterned fabric left over and said to Barb "Gee I wish I had more of the dark blue."  Then I turned around and saw this fabulous lime green sitting in a box ready to come upstairs and be put away.  They are fabulous together.  The potholders just need a button now, which I don't have.

There is one thing when you make these.  Make sure the folded side of the rectangles is towards the middle.  I nearly goofed on one side when placing it.  Thank you Barb for catching it.

I've made up a pdf of the instructions that you can print off.

When the mail came my What's Cooking magazine had arrived.  This is the festive special. 




Oh, the good stuff inside.  I can't wait to get cooking.  Some of it is just decadent and then there are the casserole recipes.  How did they know I need a new casserole dish to prepare.

This is the Canadian magazine.  My friends in the U.S. probably get Food and Family.  Some issues are just a little bit different.  Check out Kraft's website if you don't already get it.  My word, girls, its free!













by Maya Angelou

"Sometimes a small thing you do can mean everything in another person's life. When you learn, teach. When you get, give."

Search This Blog

Print Friendly

Print Friendly and PDF