Thursday, October 7, 2010

Yesterday was my day

I checked out the mailbox yesterday and everything there was for me.  Everything being two parcels.....no bills.....yippee!!

I'm participating in two swaps at the moment on my quilting forum.  One of them is a year long -- Secret Sister --  we send something along to our "sister" when we want to.  My "sister" sends something every month and this time it took 6 weeks to travel from A to B.  Sorry, I can't say where it comes from that would ruin the fun for the other girls on the forum.  Here is my gift this month.
There is a piece of fabric that I'm thinking about, some Christmas bells that will be put to use soon, a seam ripper because she knows how often I misplace mine and a small tin.  I love little tins.  You can keep so many things in them in the sewing room.  This one is destined for the English Paper Piecing box.  It can hold my loose templates.

This is from Mary Ann.  She lives in Texas and had my name for the Ghouls, Goblins and Ghosties Swap.  You did what you wanted after you received the name.  Only stipulation was it should arrive by October 6th.  It made it. 
Thanks Mary Ann.  You do such beautiful embroidery work.
I sent this one out and if it makes it by yesterday, I'll be surprised.  It should be there by the end of the week.  I did send it airmail.

Tomorrow we are off to the quilt show in Paris. I've been before but it was many years ago.  There are a lot of merchants but each of us has said we are not spending.  One if suppose to hit the other if the wallets come out of the purses.
We are also having lunch out and then dropping into Mary Maxims.  There I know I will spend a bit.  I'm on the hunt for something I saw there the last time.

Search This Blog