Tuesday, October 19, 2010

A special Christmas quilt

My LA called last week and said that my quilt was ready for pick-up.  I couldn't get there until this week as the end of last week was just a bit pre-booked. 
 I made the label up, ran it off and then got it ready for placement in the corner of the backing of the quilt.
This time I decided to run a basting stitch 1/4" in from the edge of the two sides that wouldn't be sewn into the bottom and the side.  Once this was done, I gave it a spritz of spray starch and then pressed the two sides down.





After I had all that done, it was easy to place.


This quilt is special.  Members of our quilting forum were asked if they would like to participate in a 6 1/2" squares swap....all Christmas fabrics.  As you can see by the label, quite a few signed up.
I originally made a bed skirt with mine, didn't like it, took it apart and came up with this.  I had to add more fabric to it........the borders are all from my stash.


When I saw the quilting pattern I was kind of surprised.  It is a bow like you would find on a gift.  How very appropriate.  The squares were all gifts from friends on my forum.
The borders are either holly or mistletoe leaves.  I don't know which.
I'm hand stitching the binding down now.  Its a keeper in our house as Karl claimed it this afternoon.
Thanks to all the ladies, but especially to Betty for organizing our annual swap.  I have this year's fabrics in the cupboard.  I'm thinking what to do with them.................thinking I may do a table runner.

Well, here it is ~~ all finished.




Til tomorrow.....................................

Search This Blog