Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Okay here it is.

Its done.  It measures about 48" x 48".  It is all flannel and I love it!  I've called it North Country, Straight to the Point.

 This is the quilting design I used on the borders.  It is from one of Mary Covey's books and I adapted it to fit this one.  I used the bears along the sides and...............................
                                                                                                 
put a "pine" tree in each corner.

Along the inner border I quilted stars.  You see more stars at night in the north than around the city.  It is a sight to behold.


This is the label.  We have seen bears in Algonquin Park too.  Big ones and those little cubs. 
This is the back.  I'm really happy with the way it turned out.  Now when I get my sewing machine back I can continue on.
Oh, darn, I nearly forgot.  This is the duck I used.  There are a lot of ducks in Algonquin.  After supper, we would head down to the lake and the ducks would come swimming over to the children.  They would feed them bread that we had saved and cut up for them.  Two things extra are always packed for Algonquin.  Bread cubes and peanuts for the chipmunks.


Now I have to figure out how to do a soccer ball on a quilt.  Could be a challenge that one.

Search This Blog