Fall has arrived

Fall has arrived
my favourite time of the year

Until the next quilt

Bella Sophia

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Tasty Tuesday

When we shopped last Thursday, bananas were on special. 





Karl had one, I had one and both of us were disappointed.  They were "rotten" from the inside.  I don't know any other way to describe it.  Perhaps ripening from the inside would be a better choice of words.

We sure didn't want to eat them, so I dug out an old family favourite.  We've been baking this cake in our family for a long, long time.  It is without a doubt the best Banana Cake I have ever eaten.  I thought I would share the recipe with you.  I cannot give credit to the person who originally gave out this recipe as I have no idea.

Banana Cake

1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 beaten egg
4 tablespoons milk
1 cup mashed banana
1 1/2 cups flour
pinch salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda

Cream the butter, add sugar, then the egg.
Add dry ingredients alternately with milk
Then add banana and soda.
Bake in an 8" x 8" pan for about 1 hour at
350*F.

Topping:
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup chopped walnutrs OR pecans
3 tablespoons melted butter
1 tablespoon evaporated milk

Pour over warm cake.
Put under broler for about 2 minutes or until the sugar mixture starts to bubble.
Watch carefully so you don't burn it.


 
I should have waited til I put it on the serving plate.
Half for me, half for Karl






by Maya Angelou

"Sometimes a small thing you do can mean everything in another person's life. When you learn, teach. When you get, give."

Search This Blog

Print Friendly

Print Friendly and PDF