Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Tasty Tuesday

When we shopped last Thursday, bananas were on special. 





Karl had one, I had one and both of us were disappointed.  They were "rotten" from the inside.  I don't know any other way to describe it.  Perhaps ripening from the inside would be a better choice of words.

We sure didn't want to eat them, so I dug out an old family favourite.  We've been baking this cake in our family for a long, long time.  It is without a doubt the best Banana Cake I have ever eaten.  I thought I would share the recipe with you.  I cannot give credit to the person who originally gave out this recipe as I have no idea.

Banana Cake

1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 beaten egg
4 tablespoons milk
1 cup mashed banana
1 1/2 cups flour
pinch salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda

Cream the butter, add sugar, then the egg.
Add dry ingredients alternately with milk
Then add banana and soda.
Bake in an 8" x 8" pan for about 1 hour at
350*F.

Topping:
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup chopped walnutrs OR pecans
3 tablespoons melted butter
1 tablespoon evaporated milk

Pour over warm cake.
Put under broler for about 2 minutes or until the sugar mixture starts to bubble.
Watch carefully so you don't burn it.


 
I should have waited til I put it on the serving plate.
Half for me, half for Karl






Search This Blog