Monday, August 16, 2010

On our way...............................

We are on our way in a few minutes for a week's vacation.........................

Yes, this our truck and trailer from a previous vacation.  I'm looking forward to housekeeping this one for a week.  See that empty chair..........I'll be occupying that one tonight and gazing up at a starry, starry sky with a fire burning in the pit.  It will be wonderful.
Before we packed up I planned out my fall projects.  I have a baby quilt to make before October 8th -- that's the due date.  Here is the pattern and I'm collecting fabrics for it.  There are 192 -- 2 1/2" squares in the border and I'm going to cut them out of my stash.  I'm sure I won't have any problems.

I have searched the internet but couldn't find it.  It is an older pattern that has been in my house for a long time.  I've been waiting for the right people to give it to and Jason and Jennifer are that couple.
My daughter told me the other day that her kids need new flannel quilts for the rec. room.  Morgan, the youngest just has her "baby" quilt and I guess at 9 deserves a new one.  I'm going to make Cody and Taylor a "Straight to the Point" quilt each.  If you scroll down the page you will see 'Chock full o Charms' and that's the one.  It is the easiest quilt I've ever made and I make that pattern over and over again.  I make it with a bunch of fabrics, I make it with 6 fabrics and I've made it with two.
This is one of them.........................

 
After two of these I'm going to be a bit low on my flannel fat quarters so I'm digging through my fannel stash and making this one for my youngest.  This one looks great when its made up.
I can use a great variety of prints and I do have enough for cornerstones and sashings.  This is also from Quiltwoman.


I think that will keep me out of mischief for awhile when we come back.  I have a few kits to make up too and some Christmas gifts to get started on.  I'll keep you posted.

Be good while I'm gone.....................

Til then.......................................

Search This Blog