Monday, May 10, 2010

Done, well almost

I worked on my BOM over the week-end because the weather was awful starting on Friday.  We got the pansies, geraniums and begonias all planted Friday morning and then the heaven's opened up!  Boy, did they open.


I got the two last blocks done that were posted on our guild website.  They went together beautifully.  One only took me about 3/4 of an hour.

This is called Stars and Stripes.  I like this one cause it was so easy to do.

This is Woven Star.  A bit more work, but it was worth it.











I redesigned the last block.  I don't like doing pinwheels so I did a simple four patch.  Same colour scheme, just the centre is different. 


Well, I did it....................twice!  The first one I printed off was for a finished 6" block.  I never noticed on the print out.  How dumb is that?  It looks good though, doesn't it?  I'll put it in the "orphan" box.  Someday, I'm going to have a b-i-g quilt with all those blocks.




One hour later I had it re-done.  I forgot to take a picture of it with the pattern, but here it is in its proper place in the row.  I made the four patch first, then pinned it in the centre and then continued on with the paper piecing.  It worked out well. 
I'm doing deep purple sashing and white/red cornerstones.  That same white/red will be the the inner border and then this bright red fabric will finish it off.  The binding?  I don't know yet.  I haven't decided.




I want to get this finished -- well finished as far as I can go.  My border fabric is still on its way here from Kentucky.  It was shipped March 28th. (Oops, make that April 28th) Where is it?  Who knows?  I could walk there faster.
So, I changed my mind.  I do that quite often. I found my order at Hancocks and I only ordered one yard of the red.  I bought it for the border on a Christmas quilt so I must have that first.  I'll use this for a tiny inner border and then purple and then red for the binding.  That will also help to make the quilt 36" x 36" without too large a border.
This is the piece so far.  I'll post again when all the borders are on.  Hopefully by the end of the week.


(I just showed Karl the photo and he thinks it should be hung up for awhile.  Then I could give it away.  We'll see.)


Search This Blog