Wednesday, March 17, 2010

The Quilts of Ireland

My husband very kindly drove me up to Ailsa Craig and we went to the Quilts of Ireland Show in October of last year.  Every year for the past few years Cotton-by-Post has brought in quilts from different parts of the world and showcased them.  This was the first show I went to. 


A hundred thousand welcomes to all of you












I have no idea who made any of the quilts that have been shown here.  I unfortunately didn't write down names.  I have a CD of all of them, but that didn't give descriptions or names either.
The work was fantstic but what amazed me the most was the machine quilting.  I only saw two quilts hand quilted in the entire show.  For some reason, I expected more. 
The show was very, very good.  The work shown -- I've never seen any of these quilt patterns in shows in Ontario.

Search This Blog