Monday, February 1, 2010

Fabulous February

I thought I would start off the new month with some eye candy for you.  My "prairie girl" recently had a new addition to her family and made him the most beautiful little quilt. 
When I was over at my LA's picking up one of my quilts I saw the quilt in the frame and asked Irene if she could send me some photos when she could.  I got them last week.  It is so beautifully done I wanted to share with all of you.
Irene selected the quilt pattern from Fat Cat patterns.  There is a beautiful section there just for babies. The name of this quilt is "My Noah".
This is the full quilt for all of you to drool over.  Irene hand embroidered the blanket stitch around all the animals, the ark, the water, and I wish you could see the hair on Noah and his wife.  It is fantastic. 
  Oh, perhaps you can in this next photo.
Before I forget, Irene chose the floss to co-ordinate with the fabrics she chose for each animal.  Check out the lion in the last photo.  Fabulous choices.

This close-up will also show you the quilting that Kathy did on the quilt.  It is edge to edge and is perfect for the quilt.  Well, in my humble opinion it is.
I'm not advertising for Fat Cat, but they do have some delightful patterns that are great for fusible web applique and in most cases you could even do hand applique, if you desired.  The pieces are usually a really good size so they don't take long to do.
Okay so I guess you would all love to see who this gorgeous quilt was made for.  Here he is

Thanks, Irene.


Search This Blog