Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Templates



When it was time to machine quilt this little baby quilt, I didn't know what to do.  My friend Charleen suggested ballerinas for the centre of the blocks.  I didn't have a template!  However, I do have a computer and I use google a lot!!!!! 
I decided a silhouette would make a perfect template.  Print it off on cardstock so I could trace around it.  I punched in "ballerina silhouette" and look what I found!  This is absolutely amazing.  There are so many different things here.  It is going into my favourites so I don't ever have to search again.  As it turned out I didn't do the ballerina, but I did do Sunbonnet Sue and her hat.  I did download Sue and the hat I had in my template stash. 
Most of the quilt was done free motion.  I did stitch in the ditch to secure the quilt first.  All those Sues and hats were done following a template.  The outside border was 'stitch as you go".  Those are suppose to be flowers, however, they look more like stars.  Really doesn't matter.

How do I mark those templates on?  Ahhhhh, that's tomorrow's post.  See you then.

Search This Blog