Fall has arrived

Fall has arrived
my favourite time of the year

Until the next quilt

Bella Sophia

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Templates



When it was time to machine quilt this little baby quilt, I didn't know what to do.  My friend Charleen suggested ballerinas for the centre of the blocks.  I didn't have a template!  However, I do have a computer and I use google a lot!!!!! 
I decided a silhouette would make a perfect template.  Print it off on cardstock so I could trace around it.  I punched in "ballerina silhouette" and look what I found!  This is absolutely amazing.  There are so many different things here.  It is going into my favourites so I don't ever have to search again.  As it turned out I didn't do the ballerina, but I did do Sunbonnet Sue and her hat.  I did download Sue and the hat I had in my template stash. 
Most of the quilt was done free motion.  I did stitch in the ditch to secure the quilt first.  All those Sues and hats were done following a template.  The outside border was 'stitch as you go".  Those are suppose to be flowers, however, they look more like stars.  Really doesn't matter.

How do I mark those templates on?  Ahhhhh, that's tomorrow's post.  See you then.

by Maya Angelou

"Sometimes a small thing you do can mean everything in another person's life. When you learn, teach. When you get, give."

Search This Blog

Print Friendly

Print Friendly and PDF