Saturday, January 23, 2010

Oh my goodness....


what a wonderful night we had at Guild on Thursday night.  We had the most fantastic speaker.  Patti Carey of Northcott Fabrics was our guest.  She brought with her the most fabulous quilts I have ever seen. 
Patti is given the line of fabric and then designs a quilt to go with it.  She says it is easy after doing it for this long...........hmmmmmmmmm, I don't know about that!  She told us that sometimes she gets input but most times not, in the design of the fabric.   We all drooled as quilt after quilt was held up and shown to us.  There wasn't a quilt that we saw that I wouldn't like to make.

 This was one of the sets shown to us.  The pattern is available on Northcott's website.  You will have to scroll down the page a bit to see it.  You may want to take your time and look at all the other free patterns on this page.....yes I said FREE!!!!



One like this:    You just click on the words, "Download the PDF".
Patti brought along her new book which is delicious in more ways than one.  I'm buying the ingredients for her Quiche recipe.  Unfortuntely, I have no idea where you can buy it.  I'm sure we will be hearing about it soon though.  The quilts are just beautiful in it and I really want to try her pattern for double wedding ring.


There is no publisher mentioned so I can't help you there.  I've looked in more than one place for it and I've looked more than once too.
Those of you basking in the sunshine in some southern place and weren't at Guild on Thursday................boy you missed a good one!!!!

Search This Blog